Happy Cinco De Mayo! For me, Cinco wouldn’t be complete without a big pitcher of my favorite blackberry margaritas (skinny of course!) and a big plate of carnitas tacos. Taco’s and Tequila, that’s my kind of party!
I use only fresh fruit juice, fresh blackberries, a little agave nectar, and high quality tequila in my margaritas. This keeps them light, tart, and deceivingly delicious.
- For the Margarita:
- 1 Pint of fresh blackberries
- ¾ Cup Tequila
- ¼ Cup Agave Nectar
- ½ Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- For the Glass:
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour through a fine mesh strain into a glass pitcher.
- Run the rim of the glass in the lime juice and the rub in the salt.
- Add ice to your glass then pour in your margarita.
- Garnish with blackberries on a toothpick and a wedge of lime.
If you’re hosting a party or just dining by yourself don’t forget to make your table fun and festive for the day. Use bright colored table cloth and napkins, add in bright and vibrant flowers, and if you can, get outside and enjoy the May sunshine! Use bright reds, oranges, and even pops of blue or green to make your table the focal piece of your event. Festive dishes and flatware always elevate your place settings! Check out this simple and awesome table I found on pinterest!