If you’re looking to take your cooking to the next level these are my Chef’s Kitchen Essentials that will take you from everyday ordinary chef to concocting culinary masterpieces!
1. Vitamix Pro Series Blender: It is so much more than a blender, it does…. everything. I use mine on a daily basis. From making my morning green smoothie, to processing cauliflower to make cauliflower rice, hot soups in the winter, and healthy ice cream and sorbet in the summer. The down side of this baby is it costs a small fortune, the upside, it will literally last you a lifetime. It’s practically bullet proof and indestructible. And you can put just about anything in it. For those with kids, the blender lets you easily sneak veggies into soups and smoothies, and they taste GREAT! The laser cut stainless steel blades churn at an amazing 240 MPH allowing you to blend, purree, chop, juice, and grind at commercial grade speeds. Hello one-stop kitchen prep! You can find this model on sale at Macy’s!
2. Green Pan Ceramic Skillet: For the health conscious cook these ceramic nonstick skillets are perfect! The eco-friendly nonstick coating allows you to cook healthy meals with minimal oils by conducting heat more efficiently than traditional nonstick pans. What does this mean? You will get better sears and crisper fries using this, with less fats added! Best of all, they are dishwasher safe, hello easy cleanup! While these are exclusively available at Sur La Table, the good news is that they are on sale for 20% off and you get TWO for the price of one!
3. Anova Sous Vide: You’re probably reading this thinking, HUH? What is that? The Sous Vide precision cooker is arguably one of the best kept chef’s secrets to creating spectacular meals. “Sous Vide” is a French term that refers to the process of vacuum sealing food and cooking in a temperature controlled bath. The best part about THIS Sous Vide is that you don’t actually need a vacuum sealer, any Ziploc type bag will work. This technique of cooking is about bringing food to a precise temperature and holding it there for a period of time. It also helps to retain the nutrients in the food. Ok but why do you need this… here it goes… The Sous Vide method of cooking allows you to cook perfectly cooked food every time, with minimal effort. You set it, and forget it, and it comes out perfect. If you want to give it a try you can find this on sale at Target.
4. Shun Classic 8 ” Chef’s Knife: Every great chef knows the value of a good chef’s knife. The Shun Classic Pro is my favorite of the Shun brand because the handle is light and delicate and fits perfectly in my small hand. Shun knives combine traditional Japanese style with VG10 Stainless steel and the elegance of PakkaWood Handles. They seriously are little beautiful pieces of art. An 8″ knife is the best all around knife. You can use it for all your everyday chopping and dicing, yet it is small enough for you to debone meat and fish, and you can carve large roasts. If I had to pick just ONE knife, this would be it. Good news, it is on sale for 20% off here.
5. Le Creuset 5.5 QT Dutch Oven: The hardest thing about adding in this beauty was picking which of my Le Creuset pieces is the most important. I chose this particular dutch oven because it moves seamlessly from the oven or the stove to the table for serving. I love the bright vibrant color which allows you to serve in the pot you cooked, hello easy cleanup! Le Creuset pieces are individually cast by French artisans and are renowed for their ability to prevent burning and sticking due to their superior heat retenting and heat distribution. I could cook just about anything in this pot which is why it made my top 5 kitchen essentials list. This beauty is on sale for 30% off at One Kings Lane.