Summer season is right around the corner. Let’s face it, we’ve got work to do! Getting bikini ready can be a daunting task with most people feeling unmotivated to meet our goals. Here are a few of my best bets to get you on the path to summer perfection.
- Get Motivated: You have to figure out how to motivate yourself! Tape a picture on your mirror, write down goals, talk to friends…. For me I’ve always been motivated when I set goals. My best bet, create a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-Bound) Goal to jumpstart your fitness motivation. Keep it simple and keep it realistic. Set sub goals to keep you on track and give you plenty of opportunities to reward yourself for your progress.
- Fix Your Nutrition: Nutrition is 80% of the game. It doesn’t matter how much you exercise or how many miles you log running on the treadmill, if you fill your body with junk, you will never reach your goals. Stay away from the crazy fad diets promising to make you drop weight quickly. Weight loss is work, you have to commit, and most of all you have to choose to maintain a lifestyle of being active & healthy. Read: Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
- Get Moving: You’re never going to reach your goal if you’re sitting on the couch. Get up and get active. Try a new workout routine that you’ve never done. Join a gym. Go to a spin class. Do something! If you’re already a gym regular and you need to push yourself more try bumping up in weights or learning how to redline a little bit more in your cardio. Increase your intensity and get that heart pumping! Read: Intervals and Inclines.
- Stay Accountable: One of the biggest reasons people fail to meet their goals is they don’t hold themselves accountable. A great way to help with accountability is to assign yourself an accountability partner. You can tell a loved one, or a friend, (or many!). Go live on social media and keep everyone informed as to your progress. This support group will help ensure that you’re meeting your goals, they will provide guidance, and the little extra motivation you need to succeed. Read: The Value of Accountability
- Have Fun: This is perhaps the most important. Have fun. Chasing goals shouldn’t be pure misery. If you’re truly motivated and you have the right goals then having fun shouldn’t be too much of a challenge. One of the best ways, I think, to have fun with fitness is to do it in a group. Join a group fitness class, find a group of folks with similar goals as you and get together to make it happen. Enjoy the process and celebrate your successes and milestones.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14856075/?claim=ptfcdmz6vjg”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>