This is definitely the definition of a super supper. A simple one pot meal that’s hearty, healthy, and delicious. Creamy Fusili with Cremini, Asparagus, and Spicy Sausage. I use brown rice pasta to keep this dish light and healthy. The savory vegetables and the mascarpone cheese combine to make this a true crowd pleaser.
The best part about it, its quick and easy, and you can make a double batch. This dish keeps well and is the perfect workday lunch, giving you plenty of protein, veggies, and good carbs all in one bite!
Creamy Fusili with Cremini, Asapargus, and Sausage
- 1 Pound Cooked Drain Brown Rice Fusili
- 1 Pound Chopped Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 Pound Chopped Asparagus
- 1 Pound Browned Spicy Italian Sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ Cup Pecorino Romano Grated Cheese
- 1 Minced Shallot
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ⅓ Cup Chicken Broth
- Garlic Salt & Pepper
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large pot of skillet brown your sausage, drain and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until soft. Season with a pinch of S&P.
- Add in asparagus and cook and additional 3-4 minutes until asparagus start to get tender.
- Add in shallot and garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add in sausage, pasta, and mascarpone cheese. Stir until combined and mascarpone is melted. If sauce is too thick then add a little extra broth to thin it out.
- Stir in pecorino romano and a dash of red pepper flakes.