This weekend I had a group of friends over for a backyard barbeque. I’d just come back from a week of traveling for work so I wanted to make sure the menu was light and healthy, easy to prep, and most importantly DELICIOUS! This menu was a hit and a definite crowd pleaser. The best part was it was easy to prep and all ingredients were ready before the party started. When we were ready to eat we fired up the grill, sipped cocktails, and let the barbeque do ALL the work. My kind of party!
Whenever I have a group over I like to create a fun and festive table scape to set the mood. We were celebrating two birthdays so I went with fun teal chargers, bright fresh flowers, and lots of candles. I LOVE these cute little chalkboard name place settings that I got here. You can make any table bright and colorful with simple chargers, I got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond.
The fish was certainly the star of the show. It is light and flaky and with the sweet and spicy notes of the salsa, it is simply divine! Make this at home for a quick weeknight meal, just be sure to make extra salsa as you’ll want leftover to top your chicken or shrimp with.
- 3 cups diced mango
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 halibut filets (approximately 2 pounds)
- 2 TB EVOO
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine mango, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and juice of 1 lime. Season with ⅛ tsp salt and pepper. Set aside to rest 30 minutes until flavors have come together.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat. Season both sides of Halibut with salt and pepper and drizzle with EVOO. Sear on grill 3-4 mins each side until cooked through. Do no overcook.
I hope you enjoy!