This is by far the BEST chocolate mug cake recipe! It is moist and not spongey or dry like other recipes. It is quick and easy, and it is even made in the microwave!
Ok so I was totally craving chocolate cake the other night, but KNEW that making a whole cake was a terrible option 2 days into my new years resolutions. SO! I whipped up a super simple 2 minute mug cake that is a go-to staple in my recipe collection. It is perfect for nights when you want a little taste of somethings sweet without taking a trip to sin city and eating half a cake! This seriously is the moistest chocolate mug cake that I have ever tasted.. You HAVE to try it!
I add a few chocolate chips to my batter which gives it a lava cake type consistency and really ups the WOW factor.
And to make it 5 star perfection I did a cute little cream cheese frosting quenelle on top. The cream cheese frosting paired with the dark chocolate and espresso makes this little treat simply divine!
- 3 TB flour
- 2 TB Truvia
- 2 TB dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 TSP agave nectar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1½ TB coffee
- 1½ TB milk
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- splash vanilla extract
- 2 Tb chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a microwave safe mug.
- Add the coffee, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high 90 seconds.
- Top with cream cheese frosting quenelle. Use 2 spoons to create an egg shape out of the frosting to create the quenelle.
I was so excited to devour this that I forgot to take a picture of the cake IN the mug! Here is a cutesy one from one of my favorite food bloggers Table for Two.