Springtime is here! That means that here in Northern California we have the freshest fruits and vegetables available to us. Spring and summer mean backyard barbeques and gatherings with friends and family. Use this quick and easy recipe to wow your guests with a fun and creative spin on America’s favorite food.
Pictured above is my California Caprese Burger, served on a Garlic Toasted Torta bun with fresh lean beef, sliced beefsteak tomatoes, fresh buffalo mozzarella, and basil pesto.
- 1 pound lean grass fed beef
- 2 Large Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 4 Torta Buns
- 1 Ball fresh Buffalo Mozzerella
- 6 TB Pesto
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Slice your torta buns in half. Smear with grass fed butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Toast buns on grill 2-3 minutes until butter melts and buns have nice grill marks.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties aAnd place on grill. Cook 4-5 mins each side or until desired internal temperature is met. While beef is cooking slice your tomato and mozzarella, and spread pesto evenly on your buns.
- When beef is done let it rest for 3 minutes to seal in juices. Place patty on top of bun, top with fresh mozzarella slices and tomato. Garnish with fresh basil!